Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Recovering...

Sunday's marathon left me with a sore ligament on the inside of my left knee. I've been icing it and taking Arnica to aid healing, but there's still a little twinge now and then, especially when walking stairs.

I've taken Yoga twice this week to get everything stretched out and work those sore muscles, and I've been walking on the treadmill, too. Today I actually tried running on the treadmill. Nothing too fast, just an easy jogging pace. Things are feeling pretty good. While running, I don't have any knee problems, so I think they stem from the terrain we had to deal with on Sunday and not the running itself. Which is good, because I want to keep running.

I'm going to keep up the icing and stretching and hopefully this will all be cleared up by next week and I can start more strenuous workouts again.

3 comments:

Adelyn said...

sorry your knee is stil bugging you! The terrain definitely stressed the body in new ways. I'm feeling mostly okay, and actually had a great *fast* run last night (6.7 miles at a 9 min/mile pace!) which was pretty cool :) I think I'm going to go ahead and do that 25 mile run this weekend, so we'll see how it goes!

Did you know there's a really good ultra runner out there named Kelly Ridgeway? I thought for a sec that it was possibly your wife (she's registered for the miwok 100k), but then figured if you had a wife this good at running, you definitely would have shared that :)

Chihping Fu 傅治平 (超馬阿爸) said...

Hi Terry,

Just found out that you and I have the same Yoga instructor - Lorien. I do Yoga only once a week. When I explained my soreness to Lorien on Tue., she said she has a student Terry doing Diablo as well. I think it must be you. What a small world!

Chihping

Adelyn said...

How are you doing this week?