Thursday, November 8, 2007

New Race Records...

I had a great month of running. I've been setting personal best times in every race I've done this past month. It's been incredible.

So, On October 7th I ran the Sacramento Cowtown Marathon. It's a pretty fast course, but it's two loops of a Half Marathon distance. Kind of OK, but can get a bit boring. Fortunately, I didn't know the course, so it was all pretty new to me. I took 3 minutes off my previous best time for the marathon, which I set back in 2002, finishing in 3:45.

On October 14th, yep, just one week later, I ran that Rock 'n' Roll San Jose Half Marathon. I blew away my previous best time for this distance, taking over 7 minutes off my time and finishing in 1:33. In addition, I checked my split times and I'd also taken over a minute off my 10k best time, during the first 10k of the half marathon. So, in two weeks I set 3 new personal best race times. Wow!

Now, yesterday I ran the Silicon Valley Marathon, in San Jose, CA and did it again. This time I took a whopping 13 minutes off my best time from just a few weeks ago. I finished this race in 3:32. That's just 12 minutes over what I need to qualify for Boston.

Over the winter I'm switching up my training program, I'm going to buckle down to SparkPeople again and lower my weight a little more and improve my strength and speed, so that in May I can do that qualifying run.

2 comments:

Adelyn said...

Hey! Glad to see that you're doing well and having great races :) I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing. I'm still not sure about december racing, but will probably do woodside if I end up doing something long in December since I have a free entry (and a friend to stay with that I've been meaning to visit :) ). How exciting that you're getting so close to your BQ goal, and seem to be doing well with the SP stuff as well. I've just started back up with that, and we'll see how that goes :P.

Anyways, look forward to hearing more about how things are going for you!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.