Monday, April 16, 2007

Knee is fine...

Well, almost anyway...

A quick visit to my chiropractor to make sure there was nothing wrong with the joint itself. Turns out that it's just a strain of the ligament, so rest and ice should fix it up in no time.

I did yoga today, followed by 2 miles of walking on the treadmill -- no running. I've iced the area twice and I'm applying ALCiS to it a couple of times a day. ALCiS is a topical pain reliever that I picked up at the post race gathering for the Los Gatos Great Race on Sunday. It seems to work pretty well and basically applies asprin directly to the affected area. Along with the icing I'm not really getting any pain in the area, though I know I need to be carefull with it so as not to cause a problem that will hinder me for a longer period.

There's still some minor swelling around the knee that I need to take care of with the ice.

1 comment:

Adelyn said...

Glad to hear there's no serious damage on the knee!!! Just keep taking it easy; You need to be ready for Diablo ;)