Monday, April 9, 2007

Sunday Running...

A nice relaxing 16 miles on Sunday. I met up with Audrey, Dawn, and Rossanne and we ran from Campbell Park to Los Gatos High School. There we picked up Mike and ran back to Campbell Park. That was the first 12 miles.

We left Dawn to relax in the park, while we ran another 2 miles out and back to make the 16 miles total. Average pace was about 9:25min/mile. Really great for such a long run.

That gave me enough fast miles last week to give me a 3:33 marathon finish, had I run all the fast miles together. This is the fastest Parrott Predictor week that I've ever had. Really nice!

George Parrott, known affectionately as "Coach George" on the Dead Runners Society listserve, presented this idea a couple of years ago. He suggests that a runner can run no faster in the Marathon than he runs his fastest 26.2 miles in a week during training.

1 comment:

Adelyn said...

Nice run :) Sounds like a great prediction for a marathon time! And I'm sure by the time you actually get to the marathon (SF is your closest still, right?) it'll be even faster.

Have you signed up for Diablo yet? I just got my water waist pack in the mail, along w/ some other goodies. I'm a little nervous about tackling this race though...

But, we have 16 hours. Anyone can complete a marathon in 16 hours ;)