Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Feeling great!

Well, I thought my recovery would take a lot longer after setting a new PR at the 50k on Saturday, but everything is feeling great. I did Yoga yesterday and that went well. Nothing too sore and nothing too tight -- although my gluteuls are getting to be rock hard with all this running and loss of body fat. ;-)

It was really windy in San Jose today, so instead of heading out onto the trail to test out my new Garmin 305 and heart rate monitor, I whimped out and stayed on the treadmill in the gym.

I think I must have overdone my celebrations this past weekend because I'm back up in weight by a couple of lbs. Not to worry though, this weight loss thing is all about 2 steps forward and 1 step back. I needed those calories to get through the run and to recover. Now it's time to hit the road and get back into weight loss mode again.

3 comments:

Adelyn said...

Don't worry about going up a pound or so. That might even be water weight from your muscles trying to heal themselves. Just don't take it to heart and be healthy and it'll be gone in no time.

Glad recovery is going so well for you!

Adelyn said...

So...I was just looking through DC Lundell's 2005 TRT pictures, and as I was browsing, the name 'terry ridgeway' came up! I almost did a double take. You look completely different now! (http://www.dclundell.net/photography/running/2005-07-16_tahoe_rim_trail_50k_50m/IMG_1025.JPG.html)

Anyways, just thought it was cool to be able to see how much fitter you've gotten in the last few years :)

RSD_Terry said...

Addy,

Thanks. Actually it's just been the past few months, rather than the past few "years".

Yep, I'm really going for that "looking better naked" idea. I'm feeling much better. I weight in at 177lbs at the gym yesterday, so I think everything is working again.

I'm still researching the piercing stuff. I need to go to the store and talk to these guys. ;-)