Thursday, March 22, 2007

Great Weather, awesome run, fabulous weigh-in...

I ran at lunch today. Awesome weather! We're in the mid-70's today wiht a nice warm breeze. Perfect!

Another co-worker joined me today. we started out at a good pace, but it was a bit too fast for him, so after we turned around we slowed quite a bit. I ran an extra half mile just to get a good buzz with the heart rate and then jogged back with him at about a 9:00min.mile pace, after I caught up with him again.

So, I've been following the SparkPeople.com healthy lifestyle program for a couple of months now and making excellent progress. After my run today, I weighed myself on the gym scales -- I've dipped under the 180lbs mark! WhooHoo! It was a solid 179lbs today. Yes, I always check the zero reading on those scales, just to be sure no one is messing with them or has knocked them out of whack. So, that puts me at 25lbs down from when I started at the beginning of the year.

Hey, I'm taking it! So, I'll keep this up and take some pictures on Saturday, after my 50k, to post as progress monitors.

I love it when a plan comes together. ;-)

Hoorah!

2 comments:

Adelyn said...

25 lbs is so amazing!!!! Congratulations on having made such huge progess in only a few months :)

RSD_Terry said...

Thanks. I'm really happy about my progress, too. You're doing pretty good yourself. Although you hardly had the same amount of weight to lose.