Sunday, March 25, 2007

Uh-Oh

So, I just found out that an old running friend of mine, who ran the PCTR PC 50k with me yesterday, spent quite some time runing with a new friend of mine, Addy, who I met through SparkPeople. Addy & I share an interest in weight loss and a love of running.

Anyway, even though I'm happily married and I'm not expecting to date either of these women, I get this creepy crawly feeling that it's like the old girlfriend meeting the new girlfriend situation and wondering what they told each other about me.

Of course, their conversation was probably all of "oh you know Terry?", "Yeah, I know him, too", "Oh, Cool", "Hey that's a really nice Lavendar outfit your wearing", "Thanks"... and they never spoke about me again.

I'm weird, huh?

So, back to running....

Tomorrow is Yoga and a couple of easy miles on the treadmill. Then I have a dental appointment in the afternoon.

Hey, did anyone watch Battlestar Gallactica tonight? Ugh! That was the finale and they're not showing anymore episodes until 2008!!!!! Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!! That's my favorite show. This sucks!

Although, we almost missed the episode, too, because earlier in the day, my son & I moved his basketball hoop from the back yard into the front yard. He wanted better access to the hoop where he didn't have to worry about a glass topped patio table and letting his ball drop into the swimming pool. Well, on the way along the side yard, we hit hte satellite dish with the backboard of the hoop. the dish looked OK, so we kind of forgot about it. The afternoon progressed and there were no complaints about the TV, so I really forgot about it. 7pm rolls around and we sit down to watch the BSG episode. Turn on the TV and switch away from the video games that the kids have been playing all afternoon. The TV screen simply says "Searching for Satellite signal... Press select for utilities and setup". Uh-Oh! Then I remembered about the dish. Oh, dear.

We spent the better part of the hour fixing up the dish. We figured out that it was mis-aligned. We had to find the right Azimuth and Elevation settings for our location, find a compass and a socket set, then realign the dish until we got a reasonable signal report from the system diagnostics. Fortunately, because we get the East Coast feed of the Sci-Fi channel, we could wait until 9pm to see the rebroadcast.

I really don't think they finished that episode very well. I hate season Finales where they leave you hanging like that. Especially when they go and tell you that the next episode isn't going to be for at least 8 months, perhaps 9 months.

Well, at least Stargate will be back on in a couple of week. Although it's the last season for SG1. I really hope they wrap things up properly before they quit. Otherwise that'll suck, too.

OK, that's enough rambling for now. I'm off to bed. Zebedee just told me to go.

2 comments:

Adelyn said...

lol...you're a pretty silly guy :)

You pretty much got the gist of the conversation, though it was more like "Wow, Terry's awesome! He's lost like 25 lbs" "I know, he's looking super in shape" "he's a good runner too!" et ceterea. It is fun to meet people connected to one another :)

RSD_Terry said...

Yeah, I know. I thought it was funny, though. ;-)